Kindle Fire - POP3
Step by Step Guide
This information is for email set up on the default Kindle e-mail app. Other email apps compatible with the Kindle Fire may require different set up instructions.
1. Open the email app in the apps menu and go to ‘Account Setup’.
2. When prompted enter your full email address including @yourdomain and also the password for the account.
3. On the next screen choose to manually enter the settings for your new account.
4. Choose ‘POP3’ as the type of email service and for incoming mail server address use: 'mail.yourdomain' and ensure that the port is set to it's default setting of 110.
5. For the outgoing mail server use 'smtp.yourdomain' and the default port 25.
Please be aware that sometimes mail2/smtp2 is used instead of mail/smtp, check your log in details email to ensure you're using the correct server details.
6. Finishing creating your account. At this stage Android will ask you to alter a number of settings such as how frequently Kindle syncs with your email, choose what you time frame you want then complete the account set up.