it'seeze newsletter [Jun 2020]
The website updates you need to make during the coronavirus crisis
With COVID-19 still looming large, it’s important to keep your customers informed about any changes to your business as we all continue to adjust to the ‘new normal’.
Your website remains one of the easiest – and safest – places for your customers to contact you, access your products or services, and learn all the latest about how your business is adapting to current events.
With that in mind, we’ve put together a list of all the ways we recommend updating your website during this time.
10 free tools to help level up your online marketing
Online marketing has now become more of a focus for many business owners, and the good news is that there’s lots you can be doing to put your business out there.
To help you, we’ve rounded up 10 of our favourite online marketing tools – each one is free to use and can help you take your online marketing to the next level:
- Canva – this easy-to-use design platform can help you quickly create social media graphics, gift cards, presentations and more.
- Trello – Trello is a great collaborative tool for keeping your projects organised.
- Ubersuggest – this all-in-one SEO tool is ideal for finding keyword suggestions and content ideas for your website.
- Google Analytics – this is a must for managing your website’s performance and seeing which pages are working well.
- Google Search Console – use Search Console to monitor and maintain your website’s rankings in Google search results.
- Mailchimp – Mailchimp is one of the best free email marketing tools out there.
- Bitly – this tool can help your social media marketing go further by making links shorter and more clickable.
- Hootsuite – use Hootsuite to manage your social media content and schedule posts in advance.
- SurveyMonkey – create detailed surveys and gather feedback and ideas from your customers.
- IFTTT – IFTTT can help improve your processes by automating tasks to save you doing them manually.
Your Questions Answered
Q: What am I getting as part of my monthly subscription?
A: As part of your monthly subscription, you’re benefiting from the following services:
- Ongoing website support from your local consultant and/or the team at our national support hub
- Access to our online support centre, which is regularly updated with all the latest resources and guides
- Secure web hosting on UK based servers
- A free SSL certificate for heightened website security
- Easy website editing with the latest version of the it’seeze website editor
- Regular new features, tools, and security updates
- Annual domain renewal
- 5 professional email addresses and a 1GB mailbox
- Daily website backups to protect your data
- Ongoing monitoring to keep your website safe and online
- Intelligent spam filtering to reduce the amount of junk mail you receive
Got a question? Simply email us at the link below and we’ll answer as many of your queries as we can as part of our newsletter.
Getting the most out of your website forms
Adding forms to your website is a great way to encourage people to get in touch with you, subscribe to your mailing list, book an appointment, and much more – and with the form component, it couldn’t be simpler.
Getting the most out of your website forms is simple too – here are our top tips:
- Add an email address – behind the scenes, it’s important that you add your email address to any form you create so that you are notified of the enquiries you receive through it. You can do this through the form window.
- Change your call to action – by default, the form button will be set to say ‘Submit’, but it’s worth personalising this to suit your website tone or the purpose of the form – e.g. ‘Get in touch’, ‘Subscribe’, ‘Make a reservation’, etc.
- Link to a thank you page – if you have a Max or Shop website, it’s a good idea to create a hidden ‘thank you’ page that visitors are directed to once they’ve submitted a form. You can also use this to track conversions through Google Analytics.
- Create a list – setting up a list for each form is a great way to keep tabs on which forms are generating more enquiries, and it’s also useful if you want to save all your enquiries for future reference. Just remember to clear these lists regularly to comply with GDPR.
- Connect your Mailchimp account – subscribing people to a newsletter or mailing list is easy, just link up your Mailchimp account through the integration panel, and then select your chosen mailing list from the dropdown menu in the form’s settings.
Thank you for supporting our fundraiser for the NHS!
Thank you to everyone who donated to our fundraising challenge last month to raise money for the NHS and support our frontline workers during these extraordinary times.
Through the combined efforts of the it’seeze team up and down the country, we covered an incredible distance of 347km in 10 days – leaving our target of 260km well and truly in the dust!
All in all we raised over £1000 for NHS Charities Together, which provides much needed support for NHS staff, volunteers, and patients.
Thanks for following along with our challenge on social media and sponsoring us as we ran and walked towards our goal!
Give us a follow!
We’re now on Instagram! Come and join us for top tips, sneak peeks, and regular updates from the it’seeze team – just follow @itseeze_hq for all the latest inspiration and advice!