In preparation for all parish council websites needing to comply with WCAG standards by 23rd September 2020, Nic and Sarah of it'seeze Hull targetted local parish councils. So far, they've had one client sign up for a Max website this month and have another 2/3 strong possible sign ups in their pipeline. There could be more, but the process of getting the committee to approve this can take time, especially as few parish councils are having physical meetings at present.
What they did:
Nic and Sarah researched names and email addresses through their county council - this is freely accessible public information.
They then sent the sequence of emails below that linked to this proxied page on their regional website https://www.itseeze-hull.co.uk/parish-town-councils/
and personalised these with the name of the contact. Where Nic and Sarah had a phone number for the contact they followed up with a call. They found as a lot of their contacts are either part time or volunteers at the parish council, there weren’t many who answered their phone during the day so voice messages were left for the most part.
What they will do next:
Once they have one or two websites designed for parishes in their local area as a result of the first phase of this campaign, they will retarget anyone who has not updated their website after the September deadline has passed. This email will showcase their local examples, as Nic and Sarah have found that many parish councils seem to be wilfully ignoring the deadline, but if they see others are now compliant (as well as the quality of the websites we can create) it may persuade them to take action.
EMAIL 1: Council Website Compliance - Upcoming 23rd September Deadline
To avoid falling foul of the law and receiving a fine, your website must be fully accessible for all users, including those with disabilities.
How we can help:
• We are an award winning local East Yorkshire website company
• We have a proven track record in helping parish and town councils
• We provide everything you need and support you at every step
If you'd like to arrange a no obligation video call, phone call or meeting with us to talk through options, please get in touch.
Look forward to hearing from you,
EMAIL 2: Just checking, did you get my last email?
I just wanted to check in to see if you got our last email about the September 23rd deadline for parish council website compliance?
Time is ticking and with the deadline fast approaching, you will need to take action to avoid any potential fine.
Please feel free to call or email and I'd be happy to discuss how we can help.
Take care and hope to speak soon,
EMAIL 3: Deadline Fast Approaching for Parish Council Website Compliance
The clock is ticking to get your parish council website compliant by the 23rd September 2020 deadline. You really need to take action today.
If you’re still unsure what to do next or you’d like us to review your current website for compliance, we’d be happy to talk to you or to arrange a Zoom call.
From just £450* you can have a brand new, fully compliant website that includes the following features as standard:
• A fully bespoke and hand coded website based on your requirements (no templates)
• Your domain name purchased and your yearly renewals paid for (.co.uk or .com)
• Up to 5 business email addresses if required
• Add unlimited extra pages, news pages and blog pages
• Up to 5000 images
• Add videos, notices and announcements
• Upload meeting PDFs and documents
• Unlimited use of the website editor (make changes and updates to the site yourself)
• Initial Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) for all pages (page titles/meta descriptions) to help you get found on Google
• Access to built-in SEO and performance tools
• Access to our Getty Images Stock Library for your website images during the build
• Secure UK based hosting providing fast page loading speed
• Daily website back-ups and the ability to restore previous versions of your site
• SSL security certificate (green https padlock to denote a secure and trusted website)
• GDPR compliant by design (privacy/cookies/consent) plus ongoing GDPR updates
• Ongoing support and help (email, phone, online videos and guides)
• Training on how to update and edit your website
• Ongoing tech updates for the website including adding new features as they're rolled out
In essence, you’ve got everything in one place. No paying out for small changes, updates, hosting, domains, email packages etc. Plus the ongoing support means you’re never left on your own.
If you’d like to find out more or to arrange a call, just let us know!
*All costs exclude VAT